Saturday, October 17, 2 - 6 pm
Jerry Richardson Stadium
Oct. 17, 2015
2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Fundraising Site Is Now Live!
- The DSAGC will continue with fundraising platform, Donor Drive, which will provide a simple, user-friendly experience.
- To get started, use the “How Do I?” tab at the top of the page for instructions on how to create/join a team. The instructions are very detailed and will step you through the entire process.
- Use the “Fundraising Tools” tab for the NDSS Fundraising Guide.
- Buddy Walk registration continues to be free in 2015!
- Every participant must register; there are no longer team/family registrations. To make this very simple, once you register yourself, you can add additional registrants that either you manage (such as your children) or they manage for themselves with their own log-in. This is a great new way that Team Captains can help set up fundraising sites from their Team for extended family members or friends.
- After registering, you will receive an e-mail with verification. You will then want to use your Dashboard to manage your personal fundraising page and your team fundraising page. The link is in the upper-left of every page.
- You can spread the word about your fundraising efforts via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and GooglePlus
- Your contacts from last year do not carry over to the new platform; however
- you can import your address book from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Microsoft Outlook and Plaxo. You can also import via CSV file.
If you have any questions about setting up your personal fundraising site, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DSAGC’s goal is to raise $240,000 from the Buddy Walk this year to support our current programs and create and sustain new programs. As always, the mission of the DSAGC is to enhance the quality of life for all individuals with Down syndrome by providing information and support to individuals, families, professionals and the community through educational and social activities.
Thank you for helping to support that mission!
Two talented photographers donated
their time and talent
Bella Vie Photography by Tiffany Palomba
Jen Rian Photography by Jen Rian
Buddy Walk History
The Buddy Walk was developed by the National Down Syndrome Society in 1995 to celebrate October, National Down Syndrome Awareness Month and provide an annual public platform for advocacy. It brings together people with Down syndrome and their invited “buddies” — everyone from friends and family to teachers, politicians and co-workers — to promote acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome and to raise funds for education, research and advocacy programs.
The Buddy Walk is a one-mile walk in which anyone can participate without special training. Hundreds of thousands of people walk from coast to coast and around the world each year. The goal of the Buddy Walk is three-fold: to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome; to raise the funds necessary to develop innovative and effective programs; and to enhance the position of the Down syndrome community, enabling us to positively influence local and national policy and practice.
What You Can Do:
- Create a team and fund raise online! (Use the link to the fundraising site above.)
- Compete with your friends to raise the most money
- Raise awareness in your community with Buddy Walk posters and brochures
- Help your company become a Buddy Walk sponsor
- Volunteer on the planning committee and/or day of the event
- Encourage Self Advocates to participate in entertainment!
- Use Facebook to generate additional support for your team!